Jul 24, 2017
Fariborz and Laura Behzadi opened Bicycle Craft Brewery on
Industrial Avenue in September 2014. Their flagship, Velocipede
IPA, is offered at select Ottawa-area LCBO's. They are currently
undergoing a never ending expansion that has included acquiring
additional fermentors, brite tanks and canning equipment.
- We invested in the podcast and bought another microphone.
Upside, we can have four people on the show at a time. Downside,
Chuck and Katy now have to sit on the same side of the table.
- Gravity refers to the specific gravity, or relative density
relative to water. Before yeast is added to wort (unfermented beer)
it has a high original gravity (high sugar content). When yeast is
added and the beer starts fermenting the yeast converts sugar to
carbon dioxide and ethanol thereby reducing the gravity. A beer's
alcohol percentage can be measured by a calculation from the
original gravity and final gravity.
- John Palmer's website, How
to Brew, has been a resource for brewer's since it launched in
- Matcha is a finely ground powder of specialty grown and
- As Fariborz and Laura were setting up the brewery they
purchased a system from DME
Brewing Solutions which was similar to BarNone Brewery. They were invited to
visit the Prince Edward Island Brewery to do a collaboration
brew and get used to the system.
- Oh those delicious
'C' hops in Velocipede IPA.
- Bicycle Craft Brewery updated their logo on May 25, 2017 -
- Let's remember our beer math: 1 barrel (bbl) = 1.17
hectoliters (hl) = 117 liters (l).
- What is a
- Looking to get more experience in a brewery? Check out this
listing of beer
Join the Conversation!
- What do you think of Milkshake IPAs? Do you also think they are
'yum yum'? Join the conversation on our Facebook
Group: 613BeerCast - After
Rate us on iTunes and help us spread the word of awesome
Ottawa craft beer!
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, we post
pretty pictures of ourselves there!
- Which Ottawa brewery should we talk to next? Let us know
by sending us an e-mail.